More Pretty Pots (My New Favorite Stamp)

I just can't help myself! I am absolutely in LOVE with this Technique Junkies stamp! I love it so much, I have two! One is the way it came (as a background), the other one I chopped into individual stamps. I am having so much fun with these stamps, that I couldn't help but share another card with you!


This card uses only a few supplies and was quite easy, but looks like it took a lot of time and planning. Not so.

I used my MISTI to line up the Pretty Pots (S808) stamp on a piece of cream CS cut at 4.25"x5.5". Using Memento Ink in Olive Grove, I stamped the image and set it aside. I then took a piece of vellum sized at 4"x5" and stamped a sentiment from In Full Bloom (SS105) using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. This In Full Bloom set includes SIX wonderful sentiments:

Going back to the stamped panel, I colored in the pots and just a few plants using three Spectrum Noir colored pencils. I don't know their names but they were basically a reddish-brown and two colors of green. After I finished coloring and decorating the pots, I cut an oval out of the center using a die. 


On my cream A2 card base, I laid the panel minus the cutout on the center. I added adhesive to the oval and centered it in the panel, matching up the pots and flowers, and pressed it onto the base.

The vellum panel was attached to the back of the stamped panel. I rounded the corners and then added foam tape to that panel to give the card some dimension.

With Nuvo Crystal Drops in Copper Penny, I added flowers to many of the potted plants on both the top panel and the oval piece on the base. I also added a few dots to the vellum panel.



Once dry, I attached the raised panel to the card base.  And I am loving how it turned out! I like the simplicity of using only a few colors on this card, along with the vellum and Crystal Drops. 

You can bet I'm not done with these stamps yet! I have a few more ideas floating around in my ready-for-spring head. If you are inspired and can't live without these stamps (or any others over at Technique Junkies), you can save 10% on your order by adding the code "TJ10Ro" at checkout (see banner on the right of my blog).

Hope you have an awesome day!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thanks for the directions. You know I love this card

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...