The Robin's Nest Recipe Blog Hop

Welcome to the Blog Hop for The Robin's Nest! Hop along and you will find ideas, inspiration, tips and tricks...and you may even be a lucky winner! Each participant along the way will choose a winner by Friday. That means you have a lot of chances to win! You must comment on this blog post, and all other blog posts in the hop to be qualified.  Let's get to it!


Since the theme for the hop is recipes, I needed to do a project that would be appropriate for the theme. Of course, I had to tweak it a little bit. This project could be used for recipes, journaling, photos, etc.  Just erase the chalk title on the front and change it to whatever you would like!


I have had this recipe tin for EONS! I think I got it at Michaels for a couple bucks. I started out by cutting two strips of the Pink Zebra Print Glitter paper. Using some strong adhesive tape, I adhered it around the tin. I also cut a piece for the top and adhered that as well.

I added some ribbon trim to the tin around the glitter paper. On the top, I used Black Diamond Dew Drops for accents, and added one to the latch on the front as well.


I used some of the beautiful new Rosy Ribbons on the handle.


For dividers on the inside, I cut more of the Pink Zebra and added some white tabs cut with a punch from Stampin' Up!.


I left them blank so that the user of the tin can decide how they want their items divided...be it for photos, recipes, notes, etc.  And as I was going through my stash, I found this adorable felt horse which I thought looked totally cute like a zebra. I added a little white lines to tie it in and attached it to the front of the tin along with a black chalkboard swatch.


Hope you enjoyed the post today. Now head on over to The Robin's Nest and join in the hop!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!


No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...