FCCB #201: Card Sketch!


 Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!



Challenge #201 Sketch Challenge

This Weeks Sponsor
Newton's Nook Designs
$15 Gift Certificate

~Design Team Inspiration~

~This Weeks Challenge~
Sketch Challenge
Create a project using the following sketch:

This sketch is from the now defunct Card Positioning Systems.

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project
and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

So, for  my project this week, I decided to do an oval rather than a circle. I used Create A Critter 2 and Cricut Craft Room Basics to cut the oval and the scalloped oval for my main focal image. 

Toodle Noodle Creative: http://rodonner.blogspot.com

I thought I might need a few getting married kind of cards this year (I think I know of three or four weddings already). I stamped the rose and colored it with Spectrum Noir markers, then added a little bling with some Stickles. I found the perfect charm in my stash and attached it with a piece of red ribbon. The lower corner gems are Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest, and they balance out the card nicely.

Toodle Noodle Creative: http://rodonner.blogspot.com

I added the white faux stitching and lines with a white gel pen. In this next pic, you can really see the glitter from the stickles.

Toodle Noodle Creative: http://rodonner.blogspot.com

For the inside of the card, I added a little more paper used on the front of the card and a nice sentiment from Stampin' Up.

Toodle Noodle Creative: http://rodonner.blogspot.com

Hope you come play along with us. Sketch challenges are so much fun. The design is there, all you have to do is pick the papers, cuts and embellishments you want to use. Feel free to turn the sketch sideways for a different look.

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...