THE ROBIN'S NEST - RUSSIAN WINTER

SCRAPBOOK PAPER...IT'S NOT JUST FOR SCRAPBOOKS ANYMORE!



Happy snowy day to all my blogging, crafty friends! Did you know that those beautiful papers used for scrapbooking can be used for so many other things? I use them all the time to add to custom frames and letters, to make books and journals, and to make hundreds of cards each year. But did you ever think about how great they are to wrap gifts in? I have made Halloween treat containers, wrapped small boxes, and even made gift boxes. Check out the latest!!  
Jewelry Box Using Winter Glitter Snowflakes Cardstock from The Robin's Nest
Pillow Box Using Winter Glitter Deer Cardstock from The Robin's Nest
How cute are these?  Wouldn't you love to see one of these hidden in the Christmas tree or tucked gently into your stocking?  And you can put loads of different little items in them.  Be creative!

Here is how I started...I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the jewelry and pillow boxes. But you can also find patterns for these on the internet.





I then assembled the boxes and wrapped them in ribbon!  Here is the jewelry box assembly.
Pre-fold on score lines.
Add adhesive to the tabs.
Fold on score lines and add jewelry.
Here's a necklace I made for my daughter's stocking!
Add ribbon and tie!
And for the pillow boxes...


Fold on score lines and add tape to bottom tab.
Add your gift and fold in ends.
Wrap ribbon around and add a tag!

These little gems go together quickly, which makes them easy to mass produce. My kids, grandkids, hubby and mom will all have some of these peeking out of their stockings this year.

Now head on over to The Robin's Nest online store and see all the lovely papers and embellishments...I bet you will be inspired to try some gift wrapping too!



Til next time, keepin' it crafty!!

Supplies used:  Winter Glitter Snowflakes and Winter Glitter Deer (The Robin's Nest); Adhesive, Slihouette Cameo, Ribbon, White cardstock

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...