TRN Black & White

Doin' Christmas Up Right...In Black and White!


Merry Christmas, everybody!  I know it's still a little early, but I can't help being in the Christmas crafting groove with these awesome Robin's Nest supplies!  The theme this month is Black and White Christmas and I have been LOVING creating my cards!  If you missed my special post sharing some TRN Christmas cards, you can go here. (And remember...you'll receive 20% off any of the papers in the monthly theme at The Robin's Nest site.)

I chose to work with the Snow Covered Glitter Trees cardstock.  I have always been a fan of the beauty of snow-covered trees and this paper is breathtaking!  The second I saw it, I was inspired!



Here are my cut measurements:


I cut two pieces from the Snow Covered Glitter Trees to use on both the outside and the inside of the card. I also did that with the Red paper.  I stamped the deer on the section for the outside of the card and embossed them with black embossing powder.


I added some Red Glitter letters, to which I added some Xmas Red Stickles to give it a little more dimension and sparkle. I also added some red ribbon and some Dew Drops to accent the letters.


I created a Poinsettia style flower using the red diamond shaped Dew Drops with a black Dew Drop center.


For the inside of the card, I mimicked the basic style and matting of the front of the card and added a sentiment using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.


Supplies Used:

Purple Cows Co-Sponsoring This Month!

Also this month, Purple Cows is generously co-sponsoring!  So I decided to do a second card featuring a beautiful border punched with the Tonic Studios Vine Strip Pattern Punch.



This card features not only a beautiful border, but a very stunning Flame Swirl background (The Robin's Nest) stamped with gold embossed trees (Stampin' Up).  Outline stickers finish off the edges and a sentiment highlighted with Dew Drops completes the card.  Here are the measurements and supplies used:


I mounted the flame cardstock onto the gold cardstock, and then mounted that onto the black card base. I added outline stickers along the border and stamped the trees with Versamark. I then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.


I then embossed the sentiment with gold onto black cardstock, and mounted that on the card with a couple of gold Dew Drops.  I added a touch of glitter to the main star.


Here are a couple of close-ups so you can really see the detail:



For the inside of the card, I kept it very simple:


I have to say that those Tonic punches are rock stars!  The gold cardstock that I used was fairly heavy and the punch went through it like butter with little pressure from me.  I can't wait to get my hands on a couple more of these little giants.

Supplies used:
Thanks for letting me share my cards with you!  I hope you will be inspired to try these beautiful Robin's Nest papers and embellishments.  And be sure to visit our co-sponsor this month: Purple Cows.

And stay tuned...The Robin's Nest and SmoothFoam are co-sponsoring an ornament blog hop here starting November 15th (tomorrow)!  See the info in my side bar!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Sketch Saturday #746

Hi, stampin' peeps! Can you believe it's March 9th already? Not sure where February went, but here we are with Spring just around th...