Finding My Crafting Mojo

I Think I Found It!


Every crafting person goes through periods of time where they just don't have any mojo. No matter what you try, you think it looks like crap. Or you're not motivated. Or you just can't come up with a project.

The trick is knowing what to do to get yourself out of that crafting funk. What works for one won't necessarily work for another. But I know what works for me....Card Sketches!  

It just seems like if I pull out a challenge sketch and play along, things just come together. My mojo slowly creeps back. I find inspiration and excitement in crafting again. I'm lost without my therapy crafting sessions. And when I'm crafting...I find some peace and calm in the craziness called life.

So I decided to play along with Retro Sketches, #87 to be precise. Here is the sketch:


And here is my interpretation:

Retro Sketches #87

I used cardstock from the Bramble Rose collection from My Mind's Eye.  The paper "spoke" to me and I had to listen. I selected three pieces from the 6x6 paper pad and cut the pieces to fit my 4x6 white card base.


For each layer, I added some foam tape to the back to add some dimension. 


I also inked the edges of all pieces with some burgundy colored ink from Rubber Stampede. This helped to set off the edges. A few pearls added to the sentiment layer finished it off.


For the inside of the card, I used the same cardstock (actually, from the same pieces...no waste). The stamps used were from K Andrew Designs Art Stamps (Sympathic Sayings).


And my mojo?....well, let's just say it's working it's way back nicely.

Thanks for letting me share with you!

Til next time, keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...