Drunken Stampers Challenge #118: Sixteen Candles

Drunken Stampers Challenge #118


I have a special treat for you today.  It's magic!!!  What appears to be a cute, but ordinary, card turns into a beautifully colored image...MAGICALLY!

The theme this week is the movie Sixteen Candles, a birthday theme.  I hope you head on over to see what the Design Team has concocted.  But before you go, check out this little bit of prestidigitation!

Here is the seemingly bland little card:

Drunken Stampers Challenge #118
Now, watch what happens....

I know the video is kinda goofy, but at least you get to see the "magic" happen!

Here are some more pics and closeups.




Like any good magician, I can't reveal my secrets.  But I can tell you how you can learn to make this type of card....Paper Wishes.  They have some great CD's that show all kinds of neat card designs.  This style was cased from Teresa Welch from Hot Off The Press.

Supplies used:  Cardstock from Recollections, Patterned Paper from Flavia.  The stickers were all from K&Co.  Sentiment stamps and cake are unknown.  The dog is from Stamps by Judith.  Markers and Inks from Stampin' Up!

Now, go check out what the amazing Drunken Stampers Design Team has done!

Til next time, Keepin' It Crafty!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh magic!!!
Great card for this challenge Ro!!

Jen M said...

What a cool card! :) Thanks being our guest designer!!

Jessi Fogan said...

How fun & clever is this, Ro! I do love me a cute puppy dog :)

Chris Dring said...

Yay! A magic card! Love it! Fabulous card for the Guest DT gig with us at Drunken Stampers!

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...