Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #175

It's a Sunday Challenge, but I did it on a Monday!

Hey, crafty people!  I got to play with another wonderful challenge.  Today it's from The Sweetest Thing...their Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #175.  The challenge was to use this sketch:


It just so happens that I got my Stamps Only Personal Shopper Kit from Paper Wishes today.  The kit is called Flower Silhouettes.  At first glance, I wasn't sure I was all that crazy about the set since I already have so many floral stamps.  But after this challenge card was completed, I was head-over-heels in love with it.  If you've never used HOTP clear stamps, they are wonderful quality stamps.  Ranting, I know. I'll get back on task now.

Here is the card I created:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #175
I used white cardstock for the base of the card, the circle and the flower cutout.  The solid green paper was from my scrap stash.  The inks used were Old Olive and Pretty In Pink (Stampin' Up!) and Pink (Memories Direct).  The lovely rose background paper was from K&Company.  I was amazed at how well the stamps went with this paper.  The lace border is punched velum using a Martha Stewart punch. If you look closely at this next photo, you can see the double lace row at the bottom.


I have discovered just how much fun it is to get involved in these sketch challenges.  I hope you will join me and have some fun too!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...